News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help with Tiger Seat

Started by Fe Man, August 09, 2009, 12:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fe Man

I just had my used Tiger delivered w/no keys and it appears that you need a key to remove the rear seat(front was already off).

Can it be removed without the key and without disassembling the back half of the bike?

swamper650

You are gonna need a key....the seat key is the ignition key..good luck
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

Fe Man

Got it off, just had to take a bunch of stuff apart.

coachgeo

If the lock came off to then you may can bypass the Uhaul mention in my last post in your other thread.  Just take that lock to the locksmith.  He might be able to key it from that.  Saves you the Uhaul cost.  

I say MIGHT!!!  Same key might opperate both but ignition might be just different enough that seat lock key cuts still wont operate as an ignition key.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

flux

Chuck, if you ever need anything Tiger related, call up to Moto400 in Dawsonville and ask for Andy.  He is a Triumph certified tech, and a good one at that.  He's a laid back dude and easy to work with.