News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which way round fuel lines?

Started by GWL, October 10, 2009, 04:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWL

Hope someone can help here. In the Haynes manual it says that the fuel line coming from the left hand side of the fuel rail, i.e the one nearest the pump plate,(with the red connector)  must be connected to the top fuel connector and the line from the right hand side must be connected to the bottom connector. If you look at the picture in the manual though it shows them the other way round :?  :icon_scratch  The natural curve of the left hand pipe would suggest that it goes at the bottom and the right one at the top. Stupidly I didn't label them before I took them off  :oops:  Not being particularly mechanically minded, I don't want to put them on the wrong way round in case I do some damage. I've never really worked on bikes before and the deeper I get into this bike the more nervous I'm getting. I'm trying to be methodical and just hope I haven't done something else as stupid as not labelling fuel lines. I don't think so as the "how to" threads on this site are very good and I've followed them closely. If anyone could help me with the positioning of the fuel lines though I would be gratefull. Thanks in advance. :icon_salut

zombie

not really sure but I don't think it matters as I never labelled mine and just plug them in and off I go and no probs

Stretch

I believe Zombie's right... it doesn't really matter.  One hose pressurizes the fuel rail, and the other allows excess fuel pressure to return to the tank.  As long as both hoses are connected to the tank and fuel rail, the injection system will function properly... the direction in which the fuel travels to get to the fuel rail is not a factor.

EvilBetty

I had mine hooked up backwards for about a week... ran fine.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

GWL

Thanks everyone, that's a relief. I'll just connect them up the way that they want to naturally go. :)