News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch cable

Started by Cos, March 29, 2010, 06:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

Went to lube the clutch cable today and noticed a bit of fraying. So, it's time to change the clutch cable.

I was looking at this from Triumph-online:

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/tiger-9 ... 5246-p.asp

They say it fits the 955 and the 1050 and since i was going to order some maintenance items from these guys i thought i'd get it from there. Has anyone else fitted this who can confirm it fits? I know what they say but we've all been there and done that where we ordered one item and got something else.

Thanks

Timbox2

Ive seen somewhere here about fitting a later cable because it appears to have less of an angle at the clutch end, but I didnt think it was  strictly speaking a super-session, but I could be wrong, its been known :shock:
2016 Tiger Sport

walker

Cos

Thanks Walker.

Couple of questions...

1) Did you get this same cable from Triumph-online or did you get one from your Triumph dealer?

2) The mod on the lifter arm (since i have an 05)...is it a mandatory thing or will the cable work with my current lifter arm?

walker

the cable is the stock one from a 2007+ (got it at bikebandit.com). The lifter is just if you want a slightly longer throw with easier pull... it's basically a slightly longer arm is all (gives you more mechanical advantage)... I can modulate the clutch with 2 fingers all day without problem now.

Just the stock cable is good. The dealer gets the same triumph part I got from bike bandit.... I forget the number off the top of my head (I had it written down around here somewhere).

do the lifter later on if you want it really easy.... it's stock on the 2006 model.

Cos

Thanks again. I have no idea what kind of cable this is. Triumph-online doesn't provide a part number or anything but i'm pretty sure it's not OEM, which is why i'm asking around.

walker

ah. I know there are other cables that do work - there are different posts out there about what spares to keep around on a trip... and some have mentioned cables from a yamaha or some other dirt bike working nicely in a pinch.

the bikebandit one is $43 or so, and came as the triumph branded part.