News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front fender mod

Started by rf9rider, November 22, 2009, 02:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Firstly, new owner from the UK, just bought a `93 Steamer, picking it up this coming weekend, i`ll post up some pics when i get it home.
Been browsing the forum, lot of useful info.
My first job of many is to change and raise the front fender, i`ve already got an Acerbis, just like to know which/what fork brace to get to fit it to?
Any help or tips appreciated.  :D

Mustang

you have to fabricate it yourself out of aluminum plate

rf9rider

Thanks for that.
What thickness is recommended for the plate?

Got any pics of the plate or where it bolts to etc? Cheers.

Mustang

look here

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4698&highlight=high+front+fender

you need to scroll down to about the 4th post b4 you will see any pics

rf9rider

Thanks Mustang, just what i was looking for.

Guess i`ll have to wait until i get the bike to see more where/how it fits.

aeronca

rf9rider, when i made that bracket(the one in the photo's above) i used 2024-t3 alluminun at .080". the spacer's were 1 inch round stock, and were 2 inches long each(maybe just a shade over), but dont go less. i center drilled them with a 1/4" drill. i made some pretty fancy bends on mine, but at work i have access to some really nice sheet metal equiptment. you dont need to get to fancy. i copied the shape from accerbics.  it mounted right up to the lower triple clamp cause there are pre-drilled and tapped holes there - i think 6mm.  you will have to either relocate the brake line banjo fitting(good time to put new braided line's on, and i think that's what stretch does on his kits for the girlies), or in my case, i was able to loosen the fhe fitting and turn them facing more aft, thus eliminating the need to replace the banjo fitting.  to bad you werent in the states, i'd send you a bracket, i got a couple in my tool box. all in all it's a really easy mod and goes pretty quick.  when you get it done, post a pick.     good luck    eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

rf9rider

Thanks Eric, i replied to your PM.

Good info on the bracket, although i`d be willing to pay for one of your brackets if you would send here to the UK? (Let me know a price including shipping if you could)

Pity i didn`t join up sooner as we`ve just got back from the USA, been to LA and Vegas on vacation, flew home via Washington too!

I`ll post up  some pics when i collect the bike at the weekend.