News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Afghan War Heroes Ride

Started by Timbox2, March 05, 2010, 08:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Thought there was a topic on here about this but cant find it, sorry if it is, but anyway;

Anyone else from here going, Im in the 11-12 slot at Hullavington
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Didn't register in time, Tim, so missed the cut off as they have limited the event to 10,000.   :oops:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

yep I'm registered.. we're booked in for the early slot (8-9) as we're staying sat night down the road at the travelodge at the services (the original start point  :roll:  :D )...

REGULATOR

wow,  thats a great turnout!!

Nick Calne

Certainly was...  I took some videos and shots earlier using my phone.  To be honest these videos from youtube gives a far better feel for what it was like.

Went for a hour or so and amongst the millions of bikes counted  2 black roadies, 1 lime green Girly but the only steamer seen was my one!

couple of tigers in the vid's if you look closely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmubXNUs9LM&feature=related

It was an awesome event.

Timbox2

Absolutely fantastic, even standing on the runway for 4 hours not really knowing what was going on didnt matter, I was moved to tears by the reception of the local people, it was an honour to take part.

Only downer was my camera, didnt check the batteries before I left, took 1 picture, then pop. Still the memory will live for a long time, well done everyone,
2016 Tiger Sport

NeilD

Quote from: "nickcalne"but the only steamer seen was my one!

and mine?!!!  :D there was also a black one on the same ride as me - we went out with the first group...

yep agree great day, especially pleased with the  support from the locals along the route and in WB itself..

it was also the first proper ride on 'Tamil', about 360 miles roundtrip, and he certainly didnt disapoint...  8)

Nick Calne

It was incredibly moving and reduced me to a tear or two as well.  The townspeople clapped everyone as they rode past and small kids stuck their hands out to do a sort of high five thing.  All the bikers sounded their horns and rev'd their engines...

The event is guaranteed to make £50,000 for the Afghan heroes charity.  I think they will make considerably more.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8566626.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8566860.stm

John Stenhouse

On the news coverage there was a blue Tigger and a black one
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

NeilD

a few pics..

Me and mine (and t'other half..  :D )

SatNavs - we dont need no stinkin' SatNavs! :lol:  :lol:

general view on arrival at the start...

a couple of Tigers parked in the same line as mine..

couple more Trumpets..

and then stopped off outside 'work' this morning as the Red Arrows were doing a practice display, which rounded off the weekend nicely..

Sin_Tiger

It was quite heart warming to watch that on the news and the Yuotube clips from so far away :)

Nice shots and great to see the Steamers, especially in Caspian Blue  :thumbsup thanks Neil
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint