News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i Fork Springs

Started by dezrat57, July 23, 2004, 06:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dezrat57

Has anybody had any experience w/ stiffer springs (where to purchase in US.) and RaceTech cartridge emulators?as a front end mod.? for more  of a dirt type application.

the stock springs are .486kg/mm i'am thinking .95 or 1.0kg/mm

thx dave

Sasquatch

Have Phill Douglass at aftershocks custom cut you a spring.  Do an internet search for Aftershocks.

Wouldn't ride without mine.

dezrat57

Hello Jay!!

i knew you would have done this mod!, good info; do you know

your KG/MM spring rate? i'am at 200lbs and think a 1.00KG/MM rate would be close,

everybody thinks H.P. is what its all about but its really suspension.

dave

Chris Canning

I run a Ohlin shock on the back and Ohlin springs in the front but there are several other options,it's not the spring rate thats the problem but what grade of oil and how much,that takes the time to work out.

Chris

dezrat57

Chris

good info!

i'am checking my options

dave

Chris Canning

Just to hilight what i'm on about,went from 10 wt to 15wt standard quantity,which works fantastic,the dreaded front fork dive is very steady and progressive,the problem is around the 100 mark i'm getting some front wheel patter,which might be the tyre needs rebalanceing as it's done quite a bit of work,but if that doesn't cure it,i'll go back to 10wt and increase the quantity.

Chris

Badger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Just to hilight what i'm on about,went from 10 wt to 15wt standard quantity,which works fantastic,the dreaded front fork dive is very steady and progressive,the problem is around the 100 mark i'm getting some front wheel patter,which might be the tyre needs rebalanceing as it's done quite a bit of work,but if that doesn't cure it,i'll go back to 10wt and increase the quantity.

Chris

Chris

I am picking up an 04 Tiger on Saturday and I think I will be looking at at least the front suspension fairly soon. How much difference do the Ohlins springs make?

Bob
Growing Old Disgracefully

Chris Canning

Hi Bob

You know the important thing with these threads is what people do with their bike,i do most of my rideing two up,so suspension problems always show up more.

This is my third Tiger so i's got fairly used to the front fork dive,and trailing the back brake getting the bike to squat before putting the front brakes on,but i'd just decided i'd had enough and wanted to do something about it.

The Ohlin springs and 15wt oil make a tremendous,almost to much, as i'd got used to the nose dive!!!,as i've got Beringer front brakes it means i can make the best of them and diveing into a corner and brakeing late,is now a very different exsperience,but as i said earlier you need to do some R+D with the oil and quantities which takes time,but i'd say 15wt normal measure is a good starting point.

Chris