News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear brake caliper

Started by rf9rider, March 27, 2010, 10:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

My rear caliper needs new pads, but found the pad retaining pins are rounded off, so can`t get them out to remove the pads.
Are there any others off other models that will fit?

Need a quick fix while i try to get the pins out of mine.  :cry:

Bixxer Bob

Webbs have the pins in stock so you should be able to get one in the morning.

Drill the B*t*h.  I did mine about a year ago.  Use a drill slightly smaller than the hex hole so you don't snag the sides and careful as you break through.  Once you have, tap the old pin out then usually the remains of the screw thread will just screw out without a drama.  If it puts up a fight, a tap or easy-outs are best, but failing that jam something into it that will get a grip and twist with molegrips.  I had to drill a brake disc bolt that was really stuck tight last week, and it almost fell out after drilling.  Only took about 30 mins including removing the caliper so I could work on the bench.

I'm out tomorrow but around Monday if you get stuck.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Never mind, i just re-read your post Bob  :oops:

rf9rider

Panic over.
After a cup of tea and a smoke, i went back out and found my old set of hex head sockets.
Hammered an oversize socket in and they came out.
New pins and pads on the"jobs to do" list.  :lol:

Sin_Tiger

I have a feeling Sprint do Stainless pins, worth considering in the long term.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I have a feeling Sprint do Stainless pins, worth considering in the long term.

Thanks for that, will have a look.