News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tune Boy Screenshots

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 10, 2010, 05:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

OK, this is in response to Iansoady's idea that we post our Tuneboy readings for comparison.

I'm running a custom aftermarket tune that I put together myself, but it doesn't alter much of what you see here.  The engine was running pretty cold when I took these.  The first pic is the Tuneboy dashboard.  All it's telling you is the engine is off (no rpm), throttle position "0" engine temp "38 deg" and air temp "18".  You can also see the buttons for adjusting the idle fuel trim and resetting the TPS.

The next pic is the sensor screen which is selected by clicking the red light on the top row.  The engine isn't running and you can see:

The last is with the engine running.  

This table might need correcting when I hear back from Wayne at Tuneboy but I've posted it for now in case Flux needs it tomorrow.  I've asked him some questions about the three lines with an asterisk.

You'll note that the RPM is higher than the target value.  That comes in closer when the engine is up to temp. You'll also note that the middle cylinder injector and dwell values are slightly different to the other two.  As the ECM can't determine one from the other using the sensors, as it can on some Triumphs, I think that this is a preset requirement of the tune in the ECM to keep it from getting hotter than the other two.  I said I wouldn't guess - but there I go... at least I'm saying what is just a guess,  the rest is straight out of the manuals.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

When you get it done , I'll make it a sticky In the Girly forum

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mustang"When you get it done , I'll make it a sticky In the Girly forum

Cheers.  I'll add as much info as I can ad try to stay away from guesswork.   I'll only put what I've researched.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

flux

Thanks for this.  Owe you boys a case of suds if we ever meet.   8)

Gonna print them and bring them to my tech today.

iansoady

What version of Tuneboy are you running Bob? I can't connect mine at the moment (snowdrifts, cold, bike partly in bits) but when I fire mine up (v3.9.1) I get a slightly different display (more sensors).

I can't remember what it looks like when plugged into the bike though.......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

iansoady

Looks like this when not connected. I'm sure I've seen long term fuel trim before but can't see it on this screen.

Probably my age.......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

That looks like the screen in the manual.  The values that don't apply to our bikes are greyed out but there's still more in there than on mine.  I tried downloading 3.9.1 last night but the file keeps coming back corrupt.  I'll try again today.

I asked Wayne last night about the value without a caption in the bottom screen on mine (0 or 1) and he tells me that's whether the O2 sensor is active or not (depending on engine temp).

iansoady

ISTR that loading new versions can be a bit problematic if you don't get rid of all the registry values for the old version. I use Revo uninstaller (free download) which is good at cleaning up all the left over bits.

If you want 3.9.1 I can send it to you.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

Just downloaded it thanks.  docs still don't work tho  :roll:

I've a reg cleaner so I'll give that a try then install the new stuff

Just done it,  now running 3.9.1.6.  Still no change to the screen tho..

Connects to the bike and communicates ok so not that bothered.  Everything I want is on this screen.