News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Does the 2001 Tiger 955i have a tip sensor?

Started by CharlestonRider, March 05, 2010, 01:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlestonRider

Hello All,
I am currently trying to chase down an electrical gremlin in my 2001 Tiger 955i (intermittent stall) and have discovered that some (all?) Tigers have a tip-over sensor (to shut the bike down if it falls over).  I have looked my bike over but I cannot find any evidence of a tip sensor.  Did the 2001 models have them?  If so, where is it and are they prone to failure?

Thanks in advance.

CharlestonRider

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

coachgeo

that ebay one is for an 05 so this doesn't completely answer his question.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Bixxer Bob

See my response to Coacheo's post.  they don't seem to have one.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

coachgeo

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"See my response to Coacheo's post.  they don't seem to have one.
for Archive linking purposes....  here is what Bixxer Bob is referring too.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7441
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

EvilBetty

Quote from: "coachgeo"that ebay one is for an 05 so this doesn't completely answer his question.

No, it doesn't but if he has one he now knows what to look for.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

CharlestonRider

Thanks for the input on the tip sensor.  I have been trying to solve an intermittent stall problem and I think I may have found a likely culprit...I had my bike apart for the past week to install new metal fuel connectors (thank you Evil Betty for the excellent write-up), new fuel filter, new plugs, new K&N air filter, and a throttle-body synchronization.  While I was synch'ing the throttle bodies, I smelled smoke.  I looked down and saw that the connector coming from the stator/alternator was cooking.  The bike had only been running for 2 minutes and the connector was too hot to touch.  So, I am wondering if poor connections between the stator and the R/R could cause an intermittent stall (i.e., the voltage changes cause the computer to shut down momentarily).  

Any thoughts on this?

Oh yeah, by the way, I have already changed the stator connector and everything is back to normal.

CharlestonRider