News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Brake Seal Kit alternatives?

Started by markreck, January 22, 2010, 08:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markreck

Went to order a seal kit from my local dealer... for the rear caliper of my 01 Tiger... $50!!! Bike Bandit is a little less, but not much. I'm thinking Kawasaki or Honda probably uses the same caliper. Has anyone been able to chase down a cheaper alternative from another OEM?

Thanks,
Mark R

Mustang

go to EBC's web site and look thru the catalog and make a note of all the bikes that use the same brake pads as your Girly and then you will know what bikes use the same calipers  and you can start making phone calls or checking bike bandit oem lists and see if there is any difference in prices

for what it's worth most bikes use Nissin brakes

Timbox2

Here in the UK Triumph Online http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/index.asp do the seal kit for £10 odd ($17 ish), but the seal and piston kit is about the same £34. Postage to the states would probably be high though
2016 Tiger Sport

AndyM

I found that the Buell Blast from 01-05 used the same two piston Nissin caliper as my 03 Tiger. I got the caliper rebuild kits from my local Harley dealer for around $13 per kit, and that included the pistons.

EvilBetty

Quote from: "AndyM"I found that the Buell Blast from 01-05 used the same two piston Nissin caliper as my 03 Tiger. I got the caliper rebuild kits from my local Harley dealer for around $13 per kit, and that included the pistons.

LOL we've got a 2000 buel blast.  I'll have to check that out!
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

markreck

Looks like the 2001 Honda ST1100 is a match (for the rear anyway). Ordered same for $10.00 (vs. $50!)