News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

dodgey spokes

Started by rybes, February 04, 2010, 11:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin all  :D its gettin closer to the time i start to rebilud my tiger. found out today ive had it 8 yeras now. longest i owned anythin.

anyway, the front wheel spokes are startin to pull throo. does anyone know of a similar pair of wheels that will fit my bike that dosnt have this proble. 94 wheels 2nd hand seem nono exsitant.

thanks all for ya help :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

anything for tiger up to and including 1998 are the same thing .....
and Trophy 3 spoke mag wheels can be made to work also .

rybes

cheers for the fast reply mustang. was thinkin of goin down the daddy supermotard look but i think id rather keep the spoked wheels. in respect of all the time we been together. now its just a case of findin one

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "rybes"cheers for the fast reply mustang. was thinkin of goin down the daddy supermotard look but i think id rather keep the spoked wheels. in respect of all the time we been together. now its just a case of findin one

Could opt for a set of Excel rims black anodised, that would look  8)

Just sent mine for a rebuild with stainless spokes, my mech wanted me to get the rims (still good after 83k miles) anodised black like that but I chickened out  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

whereabouts are you? bloke local to me builds wheels and has owned a Steamer in the past (which he used for trackdays..  :D ).. he might be able to give you an idea of the cost of a new rim laced to your hubs?

his name is Steve Lomas, trades as Five-One Wheels, phone number is
01507 343313 near Louth in Lincs..

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

mornin  :D does anyone know the differnce between 1998 and 2000 tiger wheels ?
the reason i ask is theirs a pair jus come up local too me. is it worth gettin em, or should i jus not bother ? new wheels seem to be out of my pocket range so far so second hand ones it is  :roll:

John Stenhouse

98 would be steamer, 00 would be Girly, no idea wether they cross over.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

If they're 00 spoked ones I'll have them if you don't. So buy em see if they fit if they don't sell them to me. Easy
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

they are different , but I cannot confirm or deny if they will fit or not ................ :?:

rybes

well, i been on the phone today to someone who seems to know, wouldnt bloody shut up tellin me stuff bout tigers. anyway, aparantly they do fit. there jus made with behr rims and stainless spokes, so i bought em  :D
john, i get em at the end of the month, if they dont fit ill be gettin in touch :D

MIMbox

When I got my '95 Tigger, it came with a bill from a breakers for a rear wheel and shock assy. The owner showed me that the new rim is a Behr, and has stainless spokes, and has a wider tyre , and is a 150 width I think. The wheel assy had been fitted, but the shock was not the same because it came from an early FI model Tiger. I am confident yours will fit, and the brake disk and chain ring assy will have the same mounting. The front is also a Behr rim and stainless spokes, I fitted it myself. The newer Tigers have bigger discs, but the mount is the same, its the calipers that are spaced further out on the brackets. Good luck