News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to install baffles on a Blue Flame can?

Started by munsonbw, October 15, 2011, 04:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munsonbw

I just got my Girly a couple weeks back and find the blue flame can with all baffles removed a little annoying cruising at highway speeds.  It seems to drone to me.  I would like to try the baffles, which I have, but want to be sure of the installation method and configuration before I screw something up with the bike or the pipe.  I have what looks like a baffle, a tube about 6" long with a flange, and one that is just a cap.  I ASSUME the baffle goes in the top and the cap in the bottom and are held in with cir-clips?  What configurations are possible/recommended?  Baffle with no cap, cap with no baffle, etc.

I checked the blue flame website and here with no luck so far.

Thanks,
Ben

Bixxer Bob

Baffle (long tube)  in the top plug in the bottom and circlips to secure both. Job done, ride and enjoy. This config is uk legal still sounds good and doesn't affect power much.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

munsonbw

If I understand correctly the configurations to use are:
 - all open
 - plug in bottom, no baffle
 - baffle and plug in

Bixxer Bob

Correct. You could add baffle in plug out but that's just daft. In the end it comes down to personal taste and what you local law enforcement will let you get away with  :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...