News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB: Help me find a better shield for my '05 Girly

Started by crazy legs, February 23, 2010, 07:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy legs

There are many of you that have already gone through 2, 3 or 4 shields for their Tiger, maybe more. Anyway I love the bike but think the standard shield is lacking protection. Is there someone out there that has a shield that he didn't like that but might do me some good? If you would like to unload it send me a picture and what it did or didn't do for you and your price and lets see what happens.
   I am 6' and have a stock '05.

Thaks for your help.
mailto:Paul.Cunning@duke-energy.com">Paul.Cunning@duke-energy.com
Lets Ride!

John Stenhouse

Helps to know where you are friend?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

crazy legs

I forgot how large this site is. I apoligize. I live in South Carolina,USA.
   I have read what others have posted and I agree that if you do a lot of street riding the standard shield leaves something to be desired. I love the bike but want more protection from a taller, wider shield.
Lets Ride!

John Stenhouse

What worked for me was the MRA vario screen, that's the one with the laminar lip. I'm 5'8" tall, from the way it feels I would guess anyone much taller would find it buffets.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Timbox2

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"What worked for me was the MRA vario screen, that's the one with the laminar lip. I'm 5'8" tall, from the way it feels I would guess anyone much taller would find it buffets.

Ive got the MRA and Im 6ft, I find it OK, but I may be trying a custom taller MRA that the previous owner has offered me along with some other nice farkles :D
2016 Tiger Sport