News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Getting in the Zone

Started by Bob Tosi, July 02, 2011, 08:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

Lately when I've been riding, even just to work, I find myself in this happy place and just want to keep riding.  Kinda funny you know.  Does anyone else ever feel this?
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

rybes

yup, tis great aint it. even after ridin to denmark fully loaded up with a pillion i didnt wanna get off.  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

JetdocX

I used to commute to work on my bike a lot more than I do now.  I take the dog to work with me now in the truck.  I used to be so calm, centered and focused.  Now?   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :!:
From parts unknown.

rybes

thats what a cage will do to ya  :lol: had to drive a car the first time in weeks this week. found me temper was a lot shorter than i remember  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"I used to commute to work on my bike a lot more than I do now.  I take the dog to work with me now in the truck.  I used to be so calm, centered and focused.  Now?   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :!:
yabbut the puppy is supposed to calm you down ...
or you could get one of these .............

we just got back from a 3 day road trip , Mrs M rode her own steamer and the pup rode in my hacked steamer , the dog loved it !

JetdocX

Got a link to the hacked steamer thread?  My google-fu is broken this morning.
From parts unknown.

D-Fuzz

When I rode to Alaska last year, I spent day after day on my DR650 and certainly got "in the zone".  I used to hate deep gravel, but after riding so much of it, day after day, I just learned to stay on the throttle and let the bike float through it.

My confidence with the Tiger is growing slowly but surely.  On pavement, I am really comfortable on the bike, but it has taken a bit of adjustment to get used to the extra weight on loose surfaces.  I had been thinking about getting a smaller CC dual sport bike to do a ride on the Continental Divide Trail next summer, but as I get more skilled with the Tiger, I am starting to think I should just use it.  I know guys ride that route on big Beemers.  We'll see how the rest of the summer unfolds.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Bob Tosi

Ride the beast it's FUN!

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"Got a link to the hacked steamer thread?  My google-fu is broken this morning.
no thread about it ........
picked up a california sidecar freindship 1 off craigslist last year it had no mounts and needed a new top and a tire and the lights replaced .
scored it for 600 bucks

made my own mounts and had to make a subframe for tigger 3 to hang the chair off .

it's a hoot to drive/ride
it's also quite handy .............

Bob Tosi

You Da MAN MUSTANG!