News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

98 Tiger Tight Throttle

Started by intotheabis, December 16, 2009, 03:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Quote from: "cascadetiger"My cable was sticking when I bought the bike.  I re-routed the cable under the seat, it has been silky smooth since.  Reading this I should pop for a new cable tho as I am at 24,000 miles.

The throttle cable goes nowhere near the seat on the steamer.
From parts unknown.

NeilD

Quote from: "JetdocX"[

I'm glad you said that, I was begining to doubt my self..  :D

mine came with a new cable fitted, but feels a little heavier than my Thunderbird Sport - I just put it down to the different carbs maybe.. ?

cascadetiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"
Quote from: "cascadetiger"My cable was sticking when I bought the bike.  I re-routed the cable under the seat, it has been silky smooth since.  Reading this I should pop for a new cable tho as I am at 24,000 miles.

My brain is either frozen from the cold, or I am ready for the weekend.  Of course the cable was re-routed under the gas tank.

Milton

Quote from: "intotheabis"I bought it privately and the guy said he never noticed it being so tight but he is a fairly big guy and it may not have bothered him.
I will check it out.
Thanks

Previous owners never notice anything amiss after the bike is no longer in their possession. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Milton S.
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "intotheabis"Hi, do you know if the throttle cables are expensive?
Thanks

about 40 bucks from the dealer or bike bandit ...............they are a real pain in the ass to replace at the carb end . :shock:

Mustang,
Isn't everything on a Tiger a pain in the Ass to replace, install or remove? :x :lol:

Mustang

not everything ,I can do an ignition sensor in like 5 minutes  :ImaPoser

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang"not everything ,I can do an ignition sensor in like 5 minutes  :ImaPoser
Just installed a new Hyperpro Mono shock yesterday, found an Easy way to install it in less than 20 Min's, after two hours of trying to do it the hard way!! :lol:

intotheabis

Just got the bike back from the mechanic with a new throttle cable installed. What a difference!
He was determined to do it without removing the carbs and he managed to do it.
Intotheabis