News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

suspension rebuild

Started by rybes, April 09, 2010, 12:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

mornin all :D the time has come in my rebuild to consider new springs and rear shock rebuild. has anyone had any experience with what springs/oil to use ? im absolutly clueless when it comes to suspension so any help will be greatly received.

thanks everyone :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

abruzzi

For the rear, you are probably best off removing it and shipping it to Sasquatch (a user on this forum) who can do the rebuild for a pretty good price. Alternatively, you could look for a new wilbers or penske shock.

The front is easier for beginners to work on.  I believe the stock spring is some where near .48 kg/mm which is very soft. I replaced mine with a .80 kg/mm spring which is much nicer on the road, but may be a bit harsh if you plan to go off road. You can also look into racetech valve emulators which make the front behave like cartridge forks. I have a set I haven't installed yet because they are significantly more complicated to install than just new springs.

Geof

rybes

cheers Geoff.
looks like im off out now to find new springs n oil for me tiger. ill have to pass on sasquatch as im in the uk so i think sendin it out there might not work so well. ive found a place over here that can rebuild it so ill pop it to them.
thanks for the info on the fronts springs mate :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)