News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Steamer Pilot

Started by fishbikeski, April 09, 2010, 06:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishbikeski

Hey All,

Just got a 98 Steamer.  Put on a couple hundred commuter mile so far.  Early spring here in Northern New England, looking forward to a long season.

Just a few questions:

Where can I find detailed info on buying and adding a preload spacer to the wet noodles that attach to the front wheel?

Mustang: What fairing are you running? Saw it a while back but haven't come across it again.

Thanks Guys!
\'03 WR450 - Can\'t ride it enough
\'98 Steamer - Commuter
\'97 Monster 750 - Ciao!

Mustang

First off welcome to the site !
Where in Vermont are you ?

I am right next door in Cow Hampstah.............

My fairing is stock with a powerbronze windshield .are you thinking of mudhen's bike with the dakar type fairing made out of unobtainium ?

if you want some preload to the front forks cheap and easy way is to cut a pc of pvc pipe the diameter (1 3/8 ths inch will work )of the fork spring and drop it in between the spring and fork tube cap . Something in the range of an inch long works pretty well ...also going to a 10 or even 15 weight fork oil works pretty well also .

fishbikeski

Thanks Mustang!

I think I can afford the spacer mod.

I live just outside Montpelier, but I work over in the Champlain Valley.  "Unfortunately" this requires that I travel Rte 17 "App Gap"  :wink: There are worse commutes.
\'03 WR450 - Can\'t ride it enough
\'98 Steamer - Commuter
\'97 Monster 750 - Ciao!