News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A Shift Lever Question with a different angle - Literally

Started by 98Elnegrotigre, April 21, 2010, 03:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98Elnegrotigre

Hello fellow Steam engineers. Just got a new to me 98 black Steamer (Pictures coming soon). I bought the MFW footpeg lowering kit and the footpegs are further out from the bike and the small shift lever from the factory is almost impossible to use with the new pegs. I saw a few articles on aftermarket shift levers but couldn't quite make out what the best current solution is. The stock shift lever is complex, heavy and a weaker link on a great bike. Is there any way to extend the shifter for more length or is a new one the way to go? Thank you for your time.

Mustang

:worthless

seriously, need pics to see what you are referring too ...............there are next to nothing for  options for shifter levers on a steamer

rf9rider

As i understand it, he needs to lengthen the piece on the end of the gear lever?

Maybe cut it off, drill it out, and insert a long bolt or something like that?