News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

For Sale: 2001 Tiger 955i in Charleston, SC -- Sold

Started by CharlestonRider, May 04, 2010, 10:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlestonRider

The Tiger was sold today.  Thanks to everyone who provided compliments and bumps.  I really appreciate it.

Hello All,
I have owned this Triumph Tiger 955i for the past year and have been thrilled with it. It is a great motorcycle that is in excellent condition (see photos). I am the 3rd owner, and all of the owners used it for commuting and/or leisure rides (all owners were over 40 years old). The motor is tight (only 13,816 miles) and it runs like new. It is powerful, torquey, and fast. I have decided to sell it to help pay for a sport touring bike so that I can (more easily) take my kids on day-long motorcycle trips (otherwise I would keep it).

Price: $4000

The Details:
•13,816 miles. Motor is tight and runs great. The oil was changed <1000 miles ago with Mobil 1 4T 10w40 (K&N oil filter).
•Valves were checked less than 2,000 miles ago by American Biker (Charleston, SC).
•Transmission shifts great and clutch works perfectly. The clutch basket springs were modified to quiet some of the typical Triumph clutch rattle.
•Fairly new Dunlop D607 tires installed about 2,000 miles ago (see photos).
•Brand new K&N air filter.
•New fuel filter installed in March 2010.
•Metal fuel line connector upgrade installed in March 2010 (see photo).
•Throttle bodies synchronized in March 2010.
•New YUASA sealed battery installed in March 2010.
•Radiator flush and fill with Engine Ice motorcycle coolant in March 2010.
•Comes with TuneBoy cable to modify fuel injection mapping and diagnose faults (does not come with TuneBoy key, however...Sorry, but you will need to purchase it separately).
•Comes with additional Triumph gel "Comfort Seat".
•Comes with official Triumph hard saddlebags.

To view more photos (very large photos) and view a video of this motorcycle (and hear it run), go to my website (link provided below) and click on the link for the video. The pictures are large, so it may take a minute to load.

http://knology.net/~bmwwannabe/Tiger.htm

Some photos:

Cosmetically, it is in excellent condition. There is a flaw in the striping on the gas tank that has been touched-up (the scratch occurred when it was in the shipping crate) and there is paint missing from the engine case (caused by a boot rubbing against the case).

I have gone over the bike and adjusted and lubed all of the cables and made sure everything is tight and straight. Everything works. I have spent considerable time over the past year making sure that this motorcycle is mechanically sound.

This motorcycle is located in Charleston, South Carolina (90 miles east of Columbia, 90 miles south of Myrtle Beach). Fly in and drive it home. Or, I am willing to work with the buyer if they would like to have the bike shipped to them. Obviously, the buyer is responsible for paying for and arranging for pickup and I will be available to release the motorcycle to the shipping company.

If interested, PM or e-mail me (John) at mailto:bmwwannabe@knology.net">bmwwannabe@knology.net

Thanks for looking.

BEEZZER

If you were selling this in Canada at that price I suspect it would be gone. seems like a fair price for a nice looking Tiger. I have 02 Black and really like the look of the bags in flat black. Did you do it? what is the paint type or code? Almost looks lke a textured material.

Geoff

CharlestonRider

Beezer,
Thanks for the compliments on my bike.  As for the color of the bags...That is a good question.  I just assumed it was the standard color/texture for the Triumph bags.  I don't think the previous owner modified them, but I don't know for sure.  They look pretty good up close (although there is a little "rippling" on one of the bags -- probably due to the heat from the sun).

I will be sad to see this bike go.

Cheers.

CharlestonRider

walker

nice bike!

the luggage question - it looks like the bags are just the base bags without the color matched infill panel (you can order the infill panes separately I think, right?).

Interesting bonneville mirror ends you got there! (shiny round chrome ones).

zombie

CharlestonRider

Walker,
You have a keen eye...The mirrors are from a Scrambler (I think).  The previous owner tipped over at a gas station as he was travelling to the annual BMW rally in Tennessee a few years back.  As he described it, he parked on an incline and when he got back on the bike and shifted his weight, his foot didn't reach the ground and over he went.  So, he replaced the mirror(s) with what he could find on the trip.  

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in the ad.

CharlestonRider

DaJudge

Actually, the side cases look just like what I had done to mine after they got scratched up.  

I prepped them and sprayed them with PU truck bed liner (Duplicolor from PepBoys).  Since my Girly is black, they look great on it.

BEEZZER

We seemed to have highacked the thread to discuss how nice the bags look. I thought it looked like a bed liner material. Must make them pretty scuff resistant too?

Beezer

CharlestonRider

Actually, I have no idea what the previous owner did to the bags, but you may be correct regarding the flat black bed liner paint.  

Also, regarding the Tiger...It was sold today.  Thanks to everyone who expressed interest and complimented it.  I really appreciate it.  I will miss this forum  :cry: .

19dajudge

It's mine ... ha ... ha ... ha ....  It's mine and you can't have it !!!!!!  Thanks John.  What a match for my Speed Triple.