News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Newbee

Started by Neuxstone, May 17, 2010, 05:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neuxstone

I took a Tiger in on trade and have been riding it for a week. While I intended on turning it around for sale, I became smitten with this wonderful Rural Attack Vehicle and plan on exploring it's virtues for awhile.
I cruise at 80-85mph and observed it could use a bit taller gearing.
What is the stock gearing (previous owner could have changed), and can I bump the countershaft up one tooth?
The clutch lockout is finicky and sometimes requires working the lever several times and poking the starter button to jab her into action.
I fiddled with the connectors and it seemed to improve for awhile.
 As the owner of antique BSAs and Norton Commandos; Is this the return of the prince of darkness (Lucas) ? Do owners have problems with the plugins and switches?
What are the key things to keep an eye on as a new owner, and Who makes the best shop manual for these?
Thanks, Dave
So many bikes, So little time....

EvilBetty

Good thread on the sprockets.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7098

Most of the connectors hold fine.  The more the bikes are exposed to the elements the less reliable that statement holds true.

I've been having this problem too, but I think I may need a clutch cable adjustment or change.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Neuxstone

What are the key things to keep an eye on as a new owner, and Who makes the best shop manual for these?
Thanks, Dave[/quote]

Timbox2

Quote from: "Neuxstone"What are the key things to keep an eye on as a new owner, and Who makes the best shop manual for these?
Thanks, Dave
[/quote]

Have a look here mate, http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5256, most of the vast font of Tiger knowledge is right at the top of the Girly Threads.

Manual wise you have the OE workshop manual mucho expensive or the fondly described Haynes book of lies, ok though for the basics.
2016 Tiger Sport

KuzzinKenny

Hey Neuxstone !! Welcome to TT.net !! you can also get a CD manual, theres always someone on fleebay sellin them !!

KK

ps location helps !! fill in yer profile   :roll:

pps yours would`nt be a Lucifer Orange Tigger by any chance ??
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Neuxstone

pearl yellow 99.
 Given the choice the orange one looks the best though...