News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

885 Exhaust

Started by johnnyadventurepants, May 18, 2010, 04:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyadventurepants

Can I modify my stock 885 exhaust to get a little more growl?  It's a tad too quiet.  Can I remove anything?  Poke a hole in something?
\'99 Tiger 885i

metalguru

Wellc it might not be an official mod but on my 885 I unscrewed the end cover of the can and with the help of uncle angle grinder removed the metal inside of the end cap mountings and tail pipe, with the aid of a taper drill then removed what was left of the tail pipe. I then replaced the end cover and it sounds really nice....CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!! It's not really that loud, a fair bit quieter than sans can. It will need remapping of course, small funds in the tea caddy!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

johnnyadventurepants

Quote from: "metalguru"Wellc it might not be an official mod but on my 885 I unscrewed the end cover of the can and with the help of uncle angle grinder removed the metal inside of the end cap mountings and tail pipe, with the aid of a taper drill then removed what was left of the tail pipe. I then replaced the end cover and it sounds really nice....CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!! It's not really that loud, a fair bit quieter than sans can. It will need remapping of course, small funds in the tea caddy!

I think you need to post a video on Youtube of it!
\'99 Tiger 885i