News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Newbie says hello

Started by Monk, June 11, 2010, 02:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monk

Hi Guys

I bought a 2000W 885i yesterday from a guy in Fulham and rode it home to Bournemouth. (rain grrrrrr) This is supposed to be a really short term ownership because I am going to the Spanish GP in July and I didn't really fancy it on my 1978 z1000a2 so the Tiger will be sold after the trip.

This was a couple of firsts for me.....first Tiger I have ever owned, first Tiger I have ever ridden !

I have to say I was very pleased.

Lets see how we get on in Spain, lets see if I fall for it during that time, lets see if it gets kept instead of being sold after the trip.............

pletdj

Boooo hissss :D
the sacred tiger is not to be used as a dirty tramp, used and abuse and then thrown to the curb,  She is instead, a powerful girl with morals and purpose and should be treated as such!!
Now don't be a pimp  :pimp and treat that girl right!!
All the best, and i am curious to see if you can part with her after you get a taste!!! :eusa_dance
2005 Triumph Tiger
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika

coachgeo

ride report..... that's where your trip pictures and story will go.!!!
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Monk

pletdj

As I am sure you are aware, respect has to be earned !

This old girl has one week in which to create that respect, 2500 miles from good old Blighty to sombrearo land and back.

Lets see how it goes.......so far I like her.......but enough to get rid of my old trusty Zed ?????

(not trusty enough to ride to Barcelona and back I hear you shout !)

BigMark

TSK TSK TSK....

Poor ole thing...

Think you will like the attention it draws.

Oh and HI.... :D

Advwannabe

Welcome Mr Monk!

Soooo you're going to ride a Tigger 2500 miles then be able to bear parting with it?

Good luck with that  8)
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Nick Calne

So who wants to bet AGAINST a certain Z1000 being on the market very soon....  8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

tett

Nice Kawi!  That would be a hard bike to give up.

The Tiger will impress you and will be just as hard to give up.

Keep them both!  You can never have too many bikes.  I am just working on a 1965 Honda Super Hawk which I am very tempted to buy. :lol:

Cheers!

trett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Monk

Guys

I think you are over estimating the pulling power of this Tiger.

This is a 10 year old bike showing 65000 miles on a speedo that broke some time ago, it looks like an ex dispatch bike and it's finished in a very unattractive shade of non metallic custurd !

I think I can resist it...........however, a nice low mileage 1050, well, thats a whole different set of temptations !

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

Quote from: "nickcalne"We'll see....
:iagree

They are the best traveling companions there is  bar none !

rf9rider

I bought my first Steamer 6 months ago.

I was hooked within the first 30 minutes of riding it.

Now i have another i`m rebuilding.  :lol:

Monk

Well.......

The Spanish gp has come and gone, the old Tiger did in the region of 2500 in a week (speedo broke so not sure) with no serious trouble except a collapsed rear wheel bearing going over the Pyrenees (easily fixed) and it decided to spit some engine oil out (quite a lot acctually) through the air box after I over filled it (fair enough) Not bad for a bike that I paid £800 and did next to nothing to before leaving !

A great old bike for going in a straight line, but not so good on the twisties ! It's got that 70's weave lol

Anyway, it's sold now and I am back on the Zed which feels like a 250 after that big old girl.

Might see you guys again one day maybe if I ever get a 1050.

Ta ra.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Monk"Guys

I think you are over estimating the pulling power of this Tiger.

This is a 10 year old bike showing 65000 miles on a speedo that broke some time ago, it looks like an ex dispatch bike and it's finished in a very unattractive shade of non metallic custurd !

I think I can resist it...........however, a nice low mileage 1050, well, thats a whole different set of temptations !

I say that every time I try giving up fags (cigarettes OK) and I'm not comparing it to nicotine addiction but, you always think, "just one after morning coffe can't hurt, I can control it" ................. my money's with the rest of the guys and I think it's pretty safe  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint