News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2004 tiger 955i

Started by renagade, June 04, 2010, 10:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renagade

Well Guy's and gal's
I am looking at a Orange 2004 (wire wheels )Tiger with 9k on the clock and full dervice history.

Is there anything I should be looking at as I have never had a Triumph before??????????????????????

Many thanks

Paul
There are so many roads to ride and so little time to ride them.

Nick Calne

Hi, some one will be along shortly with specific knowledge.  The thing I'd say is that there is a big service on the way at 12k.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

tett

You should look out for someone else looking to buy this.  Great bike!  At such low milage it will go fast if the price is not too high.

There are a few minor things that could go wrong but nothng major.  RandR has gone on some bikes as has the alternator but if it the bike is charging and running well now I would not worry about these.  Check out the Girly thread for lots of great info.

Cheers!

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

renagade

Yes I did the deal on the orange tiger but found out that it had 12k not 9k so it looks as if i am going to be busy doing that 12 k service,ha well what better way to get to know the machine.

Paul
There are so many roads to ride and so little time to ride them.

Sabertooth

Congratulations on your purchase!  Enjoy!   :headbang
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

KuzzinKenny

Hey renagade !! Welcome to the Tigger forum  :)  this should come in handy for ya !!

http://www.triumph.co.uk/media/enTiger9 ... nwards.pdf

have fun !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sabertooth

Kenny, great link!  Thanks!
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

jphish

Congrats!! Take a look at 'speaking of bikes' & 'Girly' page for tips on what to/not to do. Also, while you got tank off anyway for airfilter, plugs, TBs, & valve adjust, to change fuel fittings/filter and a few other preventative measure checks. Save you lots of time/problems later. This is a very helpfull site with lots of top notch Tiger Tinkerers. As a new tiger owner, these fine folks have kept me from going astray more than once. Cheers, j