News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Newbie to Tiger and this forum from Central Coast Australia

Started by liddell, June 16, 2010, 01:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liddell

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself to this forum, my name is Jason Liddell (friends call me Jas) . I have just picked up a 2002 tiger 955i (all black)also bought a Givi top box that fits 2 helmets last Tuesday and I love it,

Last bike was a BMW Dakar 650,

OMG this bike is sooooo much better in everyway, lol.

I haven't had a chance to go through the forums as yet, looking forward to seeing what everyone has done to customise their own bikes, etc.

I do have a Q though? have found the clutch is quite stiff, is this a sign that the clutch will need replacing soon, or a common to have a stiff clutch on these bikes.

Hope to get to know a lot of you guys and girls, and even if anyone is in the area, catch up for a ride sometime.

Your new friend to these forums
Jas Liddell
Jas Liddell
Triumph Tiger 2002 955i (Black)
www.liddell.com.au

Bixxer Bob

Hi Jas,  welcome.  I had a 650GS before the Tiger and liked that little bike, it was just a bit short on horses that's all.  To be honest I really liked the comparative lack of weight - the Tiger's a lardy lass.  If the little beemer had 70 bhp instead of 55 it would have been a really good bike.  Anyway, there's loads of help on here no matter what you need so settle in and enjoy.  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

liddell

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Hi Jas,  welcome.  I had a 650GS before the Tiger and liked that little bike, it was just a bit short on horses that's all.  To be honest I really liked the comparative lack of weight - the Tiger's a lardy lass.  If the little beemer had 70 bhp instead of 55 it would have been a really good bike.  Anyway, there's loads of help on here no matter what you need so settle in and enjoy.  :lol:

Yes I did like it to, I always felt it was lacking, and of course it was the lack of HP, which I absolutely love in this bike.

The F650 forums were superb, and so happy I've found a dedicated tiger forums, I'm sure they will live up to my expectation as the the 650 once did.

Moving on now, no more F650 talk, bring on the Tiger's
Jas Liddell
www.liddell.com.au

aeronca

welcome aboard. you'll dig this place 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

KuzzinKenny

Hey liddell !! Welcome to TT.com !! this is a grreat site full of info about our Tiggers !!

have fun !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sabertooth

Jas!  Thanks for including us "girls" in your acknowledgement of fellow Tiger riders!  Glad you're here.  Tigers are beyond cool!  :)  I adore mine.
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

Advwannabe

Welcome Jas,

A tigger is just the thing for exploring Oz, well done!

I'm assuming you've already given the clutch cable a lube? If not, first port of call. Even properly maintained I've found the clutches on both my Triumphs a little heavier than the hydraulic units on Japanese bikes in particular.

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

HappyMan

Welcome to the site Jas!  Congrats on the new Tigger too.  You'll find plenty of great people here as well as plenty of info.  As for your clutch being heavy, it's pretty hard to answer that on the interweb....is is tough to pull compared to other bikes?  They are a little heavier than other bikes I've owned.  Or are you feeling like it just pulls sluggish and needs a good lube?
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

liddell

Quote from: "Sabertooth"Jas!  Thanks for including us "girls" in your acknowledgement of fellow Tiger riders!  Glad you're here.  Tigers are beyond cool!  :)  I adore mine.

your very welcome, bikes and girls do go hand in hand,(was meant to be a joke, pun intended) lol, and I know there are many girls out there that love bikes just as much as blokes, my best friend, well she loves it, always asking to be doubled, she doesn't yet have a license or bike, give her time.

thanks all for the warm welcomes.
Jas Liddell
www.liddell.com.au

TheMule

Welcome!! You'll find this site to be great resource, all you need to keep the Girly happy.

have fun,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Sin_Tiger

Another East of Suez Tiger, brilliant  :D

This place really engenders the whole spirit of biking, great advice freely given and a bit of fun here and there, enjoy.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

liddell

Thought I should include a photo! Of me and my gorgeous babe!
Jas Liddell
www.liddell.com.au

liddell

Quote from: "Sabertooth"Jas!  Thanks for including us "girls" in your acknowledgement of fellow Tiger riders!  Glad you're here.  Tigers are beyond cool!  :)  I adore mine.

I absolutely love your avatar, hope I can find something so cool like that.
Jas Liddell
www.liddell.com.au