News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

rough idle again

Started by LIAMSY, July 30, 2010, 12:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIAMSY

sorry about the caps last time,im new to this,anyway got a rough idle.changed plugs,stepper motor o2 sensor,no intake leaks,adjusted valves @12k,had dealer sync throttle bodys,and remap,it lasted about 2 days.installed o2 eliminator.recently replaced tps,had the dealer reset the tps,it ran nice after a 600mi run but had rough idle and hesitation when i would start it hot.iconnected the o2 sensor removed the eliminator,it ran worse than ever,went for a long ride,same story.disconnected o2 sensor connected eliminator.im going for a long ride now,that seems to help.i would appreciate input to get my tiger purring again.thanks. :!:

walker

what about the air filter? Fuel filter changed? checked the fuel pump itself?

LIAMSY

air filter is good.i think i will open the fuel tank next,as i have been thinking electrical. :

LIAMSY

i opened up the tank last night found a 1in square piece of plastic near the screen,hoping its the problem.it brings up another couple of questions.shall i reconnect the o2 sensor,or leave the eliminator in,and reseting the computer.

zombie

On behalf of Liamsy cos he's sitting next to me and he's all happy
here's a pic of the offending piece of plastic.
Sitting right under the screen floating away in it's own little world blocking gas every so often and causing it to run like a bag of nails.
Tanks been off at least 8 times and every thing gone thru.
What a major pain the ass but just did 25 miles and the kitty is purring again.
Now to find out the location of the piece of plastic to begin with and where it came from , maybe a sticker on the inside of the tank or something.

Happy days , Tiger on all

walker

If I had to guess - it's from a diagnostic meter / wiring harness. Not sure what it was doing in the tank though.

CTE is probably (guessing here) http://www.ctetech.com.tw/cte_web_en/assembly_line.htm

they make electrical products like wiring harnesses, meters, etc. Probably a sticker on a harness or on the bottom of a connector.

Goober

CTE is a company based in Taiwan and makes many of the wiring harnesses for Triumphs (and other bikes/cars).  Ya know, the ones we bypass because they rob lots of volts :evil: and now apparently clog up our fuel systems.

http://cens.com/cens/html/en/news/news_inner_5049.html
2005 Silver Tiger