News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2000 Fuel richness question?

Started by eric John, May 08, 2010, 06:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric John

I just bought a Carbtune and synced my throttle bodies.  Pretty easy process, but to get them all in line, i had to increase the vacuum.  At least i think that is what I was doing.  Question, i get a slightly richer smelling exhaust, and it smokes a little more a start up-only to go away when competely warmed up.  Could I have enriched the mixture too much?
"All day long I stood ready to accept people who disobey and are stubborn" Isaiah 65:2

Timbox2

Quote from: "eric John"I just bought a Carbtune and synced my throttle bodies.  Pretty easy process, but to get them all in line, i had to increase the vacuum.  At least i think that is what I was doing.  Question, i get a slightly richer smelling exhaust, and it smokes a little more a start up-only to go away when competely warmed up.  Could I have enriched the mixture too much?

Somebody may be along to correct me but I dont think you can do anything to actually enrich the mixture, its all controlled by the brain.

Hope you checked that the little gasket on the IACV was there when you put it back together.
2016 Tiger Sport

EvilBetty

Correct.  The only things you can change are adjust TB 2 and 3 to match TB1.

Your problem sounds like you may have a problem with the Idle Control Valve.  If you took it apart (came apart) make sure the internal o-ring and gasket that mates against the air box are still where they need to be.  Check the hoses 3 hoses and boots for cracks.

Wouldn't be a horrible idea to clean the ICV if it's gunked up.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

eric John

Got it, thanks.  IACV gasket is in place.  I'll look for cracks elsewhere.
"All day long I stood ready to accept people who disobey and are stubborn" Isaiah 65:2

EvilBetty

How's the bike otherwise?  Usually problems with the IACV and TPS show up while riding, not just at start up.

eric John

It has been running fine outside the additional cranks on start up and rich exhaust.  I havn't found any tell tale leaks yet.  Might just ignore it for the time being

EvilBetty

What color is the "smoke"?

How's your oil consumption?

eric John

One month of riding (2400 Miles) and all is working well.  The "richness" and smoking has gone away.  My mileage has returned as well.  Probably just needed an Italian tune up.