News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Off Roading the Tiger

Started by Bob Tosi, June 01, 2010, 05:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

It will be slow and easy for me.  Nothing to crazy. still feeling the beast out.

Here's a video of the pre-ride the promotor rode last weekend:

Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

fano

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"It will be slow and easy for me.  Nothing to crazy. still feeling the beast out.

Here's a video of the pre-ride the promotor rode last weekend:

It looks like a prime Tiger country. ( watch out for those water crossings though )

JetdocX

For water crossings....ramming speed. :twisted:   Keep on it or your front will wash out.
From parts unknown.

Bob Tosi

Some off roading today before work

The start of the track

At the top

JetdocX

Hey Bob!  Nice work!  Word to the wise...I have that exact case.  Avoid washboardy, bumpy roads with it or you may lose it. :shock:  Take a close look round the latch mechanism on the base for cracking of the plastic.

Best bet is to disassemble it and bond all three layers of the latch, case bottom , and inner liner together with the adhesive of your choice.  I used Gorilla Glue and my case is now bulletproof.
From parts unknown.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"

So here's proof, not much proof but at least it's good old red dirt.LOL

Yowza...looks like you really got into it!

:wink:

This was one of my favorite trips...

There's a knobby under there...somewhere  :lol:
\'96 Steamer

Bob Tosi

A little 85 mile trip today with some folks from ADVrider, Local homies to ride with.  About 25 miles of dirt/gravel/logging /forest service roads.  Got to Phillbrook Lake in the high country, 6500feet, lots of dirt/grave roads...........A little insanity is good for the soul.

At Phillbrook Lake our destination:

A little road rash on my baby:

Near the end of the ride at the Bambi Inn:

Mudhen

:hello2

Awesome!!  Liking the road rash...story?

I say if you want to hang with those bikes off road, get some Karoos.  Like to old Audi ad said, 'I'll take all the unfair advantage I can get'.

Oh, and get some real handguards...and if those are stock Tiger bars, think about aftermarket.  I've heard the stockers like to bend...
\'96 Steamer

Advwannabe

QuoteAwesome!! Liking the road rash...story?

I'll second that! Fantastic to see Tiggers out and about in their natural environment.

A small Question: Karoos or TKCs for on road use and wear? I know that either will be a big improvement on tourances for the central Australian trip, but there will be a couple of thousand kilometers on the bitumen before we hit the gravel. Which will stand up better?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Mudhen

Quote from: "Advwannabe"

I'll second that! Fantastic to see Tiggers out and about in their natural environment.

A small Question: Karoos or TKCs for on road use and wear? I know that either will be a big improvement on tourances for the central Australian trip, but there will be a couple of thousand kilometers on the bitumen before we hit the gravel. Which will stand up better?

TKCs will last longer than Karoos, no question (I think roughly twice as long is a general rule - and was my experience when I used them).  The tricky thing that only you can find out through trying them is just how fast you're going to eat them up.
\'96 Steamer

Bob Tosi

A little to much throttle coming out of a rest stop.  The hand guards did their job.