News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Joe Rocket Survivor Suit

Started by flaco, July 21, 2010, 12:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flaco

Bought a Joe Rocket Survivor suit to replace my ancient and knackered Aerostich. Just returned it to the suppliers for the second time. What does it survive? Not Cornish rain, that's one thing I know for sure. I bought the first one back in May, and the first time it rained on my short commute (12 miles, 20 minutes) I ended up arriving at work with saturated shirt and trousers. Called suppliers, who said it must be a 'Friday afternoon' suit, and sent me a replacement. Same thing happened. 100% not waterproof.
I've got no problems with the suppliers, SmartRiders of Dorchester, who seem to have sold me the suit in good faith and who have not quibbled about giving me my money back.
But beware Tiger-riders- this suit does not do what it says on the tin and I would never go near another Joe Rocket product.
kernow bys vyken

Timbox2

Thanks for that, I was thinking about one of these a few months back but never got round to going any further, just as well then.

To be fair, ive spent hundreds maybe thousands over the years on Goretex this, goretex that and to date the only jacket that has ever kept me totally dry in even the hardest rain has been a £30 boil in the bag special :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

aeronca

i went through 2 of them my self. could never get one to fit right, and wasn't the most  weather proof - looked good though :)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

crustycrutch

Back in the dim and distant before email, when real money could be made riding like a loon around London, I had a great two piece that went by the name of Protectorl and it really did. I'd give my back teeth to get another one... :roll:

zombie

Quote from: "crustycrutch"Back in the dim and distant before email, when real money could be made riding like a loon around London, I had a great two piece that went by the name of Protectorl and it really did. I'd give my back teeth to get another one... :roll:

Ohhhh
protectrol   , still got mine from courier days in Dublin love the funky oily smell outta them , mines all worn out but can't bear to get rid of it

oxnsox

Have used Goretex gear sailing and talked to manufacturers about it's apparent randomness to work.  For what it's worth they tell me the whole breatheable cloth thing works on the principle that once you are all tucked in your body temp effectively generates a little bit of internal vapour (fug) pressure, and its really the difference between this internal pressure and the lower air pressure on the outside of the fabric that keeps the water out.
Well thats the theory.
In Sailing terms it tends to fail in stong winds or when hit by heavy waves, both being a greater external pressure than the internal one. I'd guess the same could be said for biking due to the increased pressure of compressed air coming round the fairing etc....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~