News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

No No No No No!!!!

Started by Nick Calne, June 27, 2010, 06:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"Then I'm going to going to open a shop called 'Nick's Swingarms' to supplement my meager earnings!  :lol:

Tough one Nick, sorry to see that but a timely warning for me probably  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

No worries Mustang I didn't win the 'wrong' one!  Someone came in with a very late bid.

Second bid closes in an hour or so.  I'll keep an eye on it to ensure I win and let you guys know how the operation to replace goes....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ramseybella

rf9rider

I`m back from my hols........ :cry:

Did you sort the swing arm?

Nick Calne

Yup, ended up with the cheaper one CH Luke  suggested.  (Thanks Buddy!)  It seems identical except being silver coloured.

I'm halfway through removing the old swingarm, will complete tomorrow and compare the items.  Too damn hot today!

It's been a good opportunity to look the bike over.  There's some rust on exhausts, there's a few mismatched nut and bolts etc and it's due a service inc valves.  It's also still nursing a few scars from last year's crash.....Going to take my time and see if I can make the bike a little better.  The thing's 12 y.o so I guess you gotta expect these things but ...

One thing that did come to mind was the last people to tighten up them bolts were the garage where I bought new tyres... :evil:

nightrunner

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"I just adjusted my chain on the Tigger and used the settings in my haynes manual which is  35 Nm. is this too much?

That translates to 26 ft-lbs which seems a bit high.  I have never measured it.  I use a 3/8 drive ratchet, sitting behind the wheel, grip ratchet by the head (not the handle) and use wrist muscles to twist.   A band clamp of that size does not need much tension to be very tight, which is why they break so easy.  If I had to put a value to it, I would go 10 ft-lbs.  If you are worried about it coming loose, use threadlocker.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

Mustang

another good tip is if you only use the short arm 8 mm allen wrench that came in the tool kit and don't use a cheater bar it will be very hard to apply enuff pressure to crack the swingarm

Nick Calne

Just thought you'd like an update.

Swingarm now off....was a bugger of a job - so dirty!

New swingarm is pretty much the same seemingly....but has different fixings see photo's.  No harm in the difference I think though....?

Original

New

Side by Side

Think I'll get a new rubber block and replace the various fixing while I'm down here....

Nick Calne

ooh here's something to be aware of.  There are two sorts of rubber chain block!

The top one is a tiger one by the way.