News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fitting injection to a steamer......

Started by rybes, October 03, 2010, 06:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

possible ? im thinkin as the early 885 model is injection, the injection set up from one of those would fit a steamer ? reason i ask is im thinkin of puttin me tiger on a rollin road cos of the exhaust n filter. ive been lookin at injection parts and it seems itll all work out the same in the end. my guess too is that in the long run, injection will be better than carbs ?

what ya reckon :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

NeilD

probably easier to just buy an injection bike..  :)  think I'm right in saying that the  885i is a different engine rather than just a steamer engine with injection so not just a case of bolting on the injectors... then theres all the elctronic magic and sensors to go with it to make the FI work... and a fuel pump... and... ?  :?

Mustang

NeilD

:?  so you can 'just bolt on the injection'  :D  seems a lot of work, although as the bloke says in his thread he's done it mostly 'because he can'..   8)

rybes

looks like a lot of work t save meself a few quid. maybe ill leave that for the next rebuild  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)