News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB: Triumph Tank Bag Base

Started by Wiggus, July 29, 2010, 03:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiggus

Hey all, I broke a couple snaps on my Triumph tankbag so I'm fishing for a new base. The base is non-magnetic on a '99 Triumph Tiger. I need the rubberized foam base with the straps to secure to the frame, in decent shape. I finally bought a used, complete bag and base, but I'm still looking for the base for my old, still-very-nice bag. Let me know.
You Will Know Me By The Trail of Bolts...

Sin_Tiger

Can you post a pic of the base and which tank bag is it. I got
Strech's old tank bag modified for Motec quick mount so I don't really need the base, so if it's the same one you're welcome to it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Wiggus

I will, thanks. :D
The base is narrower than the recent one I just bought. The old tank bag is a Triumph, angled bottom, expandable height that you cinch down with four straps at each corner, map window. I'll try to get you a pic this weekend.

Sin_Tiger

The part number on the tag inside the bag I have is A9510012 if that's any help.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Wiggus

That would be a big help, especially since my camera died. I thought it was the batteries; it's not.  :x  I looked all over the bag and I don't see a part number. I'll describe it the best I can.

Expandable Triumph tank bag, it has 4 flip-levers at each corner for the expandable top. Un-expanded the front is about 4.5" tall and the rear is about 9" tall. The top of the bag is about 14" long by 10.5" at the widest.

The foam base is 9 3/8" at the widest, and 13 5/8" long; two velcro strips across it at the front and back. Plus a flap that flips down toward the seat to protect the tank. The rear female clips are about 4 1/4" apart at the centers and the front female clips are about 5 1/4" apart at the front, center to center. Hole for the gas cap is 3 3/4" wide.

Thanks for the effort.

killer99tiger

I have a fairly roached tankbag, but I have got to think the base is still perfectly functional. Waiting for my new tankbag, but when it arrives your welcome to this one.

Darrick

Wiggus

Quote from: "killer99tiger"I have a fairly roached tankbag, but I have got to think the base is still perfectly functional. Waiting for my new tankbag, but when it arrives your welcome to this one.    Darrick

Awesome...thanks very much. Keep me posted.  :)

Wiggus