News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Airbox Mod

Started by Ronseal0105, September 29, 2010, 10:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronseal0105

I have an 02 with KandN Tor can and would like to know if anyone runs the airbox mod in this configuration and how do,s it run.
GREEN IS MEAN!!!!

Chris Canning

There's a thread on it somewhere,written by me,and photos,you'll have to do a search.

LTB

/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

Chris Canning

What non of those posts say,don't dremmel the plate out it makes a right mess(like i did!!),do it outside with a soldering iron,and i left the snorkel on,i wanted a responsive motor,not an airbox full of water,i've ridden in one or two monsoons over the years.

Ronseal0105

Cheers guys, I can see the airbox being done while im doing the stator seal. :D
GREEN IS MEAN!!!!

ChazzyB

I did the mod to my '03's airbox today, as I was checking the valve clearances anyway (all OK; thanks for asking). The K&N filter in there since 30K miles (now 42K) was full of flies, bees, road chippings, etc. The local Halfrauds had a 'recharging' kit, so that was nice. Hopefully the rain and wind will die down a bit overnight so I can go out and try it tomorrow. Grrrrr. ;-)
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S