News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Back Rest

Started by Neverlost, October 02, 2010, 08:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neverlost

Tiger Noob here. I am waiting for my 2005 to join the stable and the wife wants some type of Pirates Liar type back rest ( Girls, you cant live without them and until there is a bounty on them..... I digress).

Any inmates have input? Thanks in advance and cheers from Colorado
Neverlost

moose

If I'm not mistaken and I might be, Corbin do a backrest for the tiger, but I think that might only be for their own seats.

Worth checking out though.

John Stenhouse

There was one available with the Triumph Top box, stuck to the front of the box and leaned on that.

Not too helpful as the boxes are no longer available  :roll:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

tett

My Givi top box has a nice back rest pad.  Works great and gives a good feel of security.

tett

Quote from: "Neverlost"Tiger Noob here. I am waiting for my 2005 to join the stable and the wife wants some type of Pirates Liar type back rest ( Girls, you cant live without them and until there is a bounty on them..... I digress).

98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

aeronca

:iagree   aside from the top box, i dont know of any comercialy available. or friend of the site - "stretch" made his own and it looked really nice, unfortunatly he crashed his bike and stoped riding motorcycles. you could try and pm him and see if he still has it - might sell it to you :?:     on a side not, i have some family in arvada, next time im out, let's hav a beer :friday   and welcome aboard.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Neverlost

Ok, if there is not an aftermarket back rest does anyone have the part number so that I can snap my Give46 on the Tiger rack? Thanks
Neverlost

Mustang

Quote from: "Neverlost"Ok, if there is not an aftermarket back rest does anyone have the part number so that I can snap my Give46 on the Tiger rack? Thanks
triumph USE to have a top plate that replaced the top plate on your rack for using Givi boxes

but you could always pick the top plate from givi that is made to bolt onto an existing rack
you can get em here

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2812/169/

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "Neverlost"Tiger Noob here. I am waiting for my 2005 to join the stable and the wife wants some type of Pirates Liar type back rest ( Girls, you cant live without them and until there is a bounty on them..... I digress).

Hi Neverlost, i had the same dillema. I came up with this solution...

Factory backrest pad, fitted to an aftermarket 56L topbox.
Pad part no:- A9500008 @ £12.71 (Massively discounted)
Topbox:- Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTORBIKE-MOTORCY ... 33612cd143  £41.95

Hope this helps, (got to keep them ladies happy!)  :ImaPoser

All the best,
Mat-Tiger1.
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.