News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP! Problem!

Started by bigbehr, October 10, 2010, 08:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbehr

I hope someone can help me with my problem. I bought a 2001 Tiger a couple months ago, and have had no problems at all until now (31,000 miles). Incredible bike!! Last week I was in a huge rain/hail storm. The bike brought me home safely. The next day the bike reluctantly started, and I got about a 100 yards, and then just shut down in a fraction of a second. The lights still come on, but nothing at all when I press then ignition switch. No turn over, no clicking....nothing. I'm guessing a fuse possibly? I'd hate to tow her in to the dealer just for a fuse...  Any suggestions appreciated. thanks

Bixxer Bob

Welcome Big Behr; please help the friendly folks on this forum by filling out your profile so we know which model of Tiger you have and where you are.  Next, put bike-specific questions like this in the correct model forum - that way you'll get a more focussed answer.  In the mean time, check, dry and clean your clutch and side stand switches. :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

bigbehr

Bixxer Bob

Just thought, being new, you might not actually know what I meant.  The side stand and clutch levers both have cutout switches either of which will prevent  her starting if they're not working correctly.  hopefully, you're savvy enough to check them out yourself?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

bigbehr

Thx for the reply. I am not too mechanically inclined, but i will check it out.

Bixxer Bob

OK.  Check the block where they connect into the main loom too.