News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bulb question and WTF question

Started by Neverlost, October 15, 2010, 09:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neverlost

Noob here: I did a search and really didnt find what I wanted.

Question: what is the easiest way to improve the headlights and taillights on a 2005 Tiger?

I know that it must be posted but I didnt find it. I am coming off of a Yamaha Majesty with spectacular lights, and Tiger seems very weak in comparison.

Also, is there a reason that the Tiger doesnt light up the tail light when the front brake lever is depressed?
Neverlost

chairhead

You could go down the HID route for the headlight,
that will be costly if you want small ballast boxes,i dont know where you would put the large type ballast boxes,but it would be slightly cheaper.
the rear light is just fine i think,you could try LED  bulbs i suppose,as for the tail light not working when you pull the front brake lever,thats the brake light swtich not working/plugged in(two small spade connectors that go to a switch on the front master cylinder)also look for those small spade connectors being corroded(green).
I put brighter bulbs in my headlight and it works well for me,i do have the relays in so i have both lights on at the same time
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

LTB

I use Osram Night breaker H4's.
They give an amazing improvement compared to regular H4's.

According to my cousin who sells them they don't last very long in
modern japanese cars with 14.4 volts, but the Tiger hardly gets that
kind of voltage.
Well, if you haven't done it, upgrade with a relay so both lights work
in high and low beam. (Maybe stock in US? In Europe it's not)
Cheaper and easier fix than Xenon HID.

Regarding brake light, it should light up on either brake so there might
be a problem with the switch on your front brake.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

TigerTrax

Go with Sylvania Silver Star or Ultra Star....
You will not be disappointed.... bright white... long throw.

I took my aux lights off... no need.
You'll probably have to readjust your headlights. Another Triumph cluster %!)@%^@#.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

iansoady

Quote from: "LTB"According to my cousin who sells them they don't last very long in
modern japanese cars with 14.4 volts, but the Tiger hardly gets that
kind of voltage.

Mine does having done the Sasquatch mod. Well over 14V at everything above tickover.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

JTT

Quote from: "iansoady"Mine does having done the Sasquatch mod. Well over 14V at everything above tickover.

Ditto.  In fact I commonly see over 14V even at idle.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

fret

Osram Nightbreakers, or even better, Osram Nightracers.

I have Nightracers fitted to my 955 and they are a VAST improvement on the OEM and even the Silverstars I had on my old 955 3 years ago.

HID aren't legal in the UK, Eurpe or indeed most parts of the civilised world and H$ HID's don't work correctly, giving an incorrect beam pattern thus dazzling other road users and failing MOT's