News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TT2011

Started by Chris Canning, June 02, 2011, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

A modern day Fred Dibnah!!

McGuinness and the HM team have been together so long that they've got everything sorted, a very slick operation. TAS just don't seem to have got settled with riders & team over the last few years, it seems that if they don't get the results then they either get rid of the riders or move them into another class (Alistair seeley) instead of being a bit more patient. I suppose at the end of the day though it's a results driven business and sponsors put pressure on them to be at the top of the podium.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Bixxer Bob

So, 1st blood to J McG and Guy stops on lap four from 2nd place.

If youknow of  Guy Martin, you know of his love of tea. If you want to get to know his unique humour better, try You Tube.  Here for instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0845Vgy99E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxU0-vpTJtQ&feature=related
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "NKL"I like the way the TT has been runing smoothly for years, the ACU take over running it and within two years we get this debarcle of canceled practice.

An understandable view, but the facts are that (according to Steve Parrish), after Guy Martin's speeding in the pit lane issue last year, where his limiter was found to be incorrectly set, they decided this year to give all riders a chance to calibrate their limiter against the pit lane speed indicator during practice.  Unfortunately they couldn't do that if the sidecar outfits were waiting to go out on practice so they decided to let the chairs go first thus leaving the pit lane clear for calibration runs.  A good plan, but it was thwarted by the oil spill that cancelled practice.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

1) What was wrong with the stop box, it worked fine and you didn't need expensive technology to implement it. (I wonder who supplies it)
2) I am an ex racer so have had plenty of dealings with the ACU so know first hand what a mess they can make f things
3) The second supersport race, I can't believe Guy Martin didn't loose more than 13 seconds cruising along for 2 to 3 miles thinking the race had been red flagged,  Let alone the 4 riders that stopped, Its an absolute joke.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

aeronca

just saw a youtube video of guy m. sliding out at speed. got up and got it started. man you have got to a huge set to be ridding like that.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!