News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cold 2k RPMs - idle warm 1500RPMs

Started by german, November 10, 2010, 08:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

german

After a small tip 600km, I observed the RPM´s high in cold start at 2000rpm for a period of 4-5 min, then as soon as is warm 1500rpm in idle.

No ENG light on.

I checked IACV wiring, resistance (OK on limits), cleaned, no air leaks and the bike
Still in the same high RPM´s conditions.

I am waiting the OBDII cable to check / adjust the ECU parameters.

However, maybe some of you have experimented the same conditions, I will appreciate your suggestions in order to solve the problem.

Thanks and best regards.
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

Bixxer Bob

Sounds like your O2 sensor has richened your long term fuel trim, especially as you've just done 600km.  I know from playing around with LTFT that the tickover is the first thing you screw up.  Now working out why of course, is another question entirely....

But don't clutch on to my suggestion, it's only what I think is the most obvious.

Try the 12 minute tune, it can only help.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...