News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How much sag?

Started by haroldo_psf, November 10, 2010, 03:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

I just got  a Penske 8983 installed. The ride is incredibly more controlled, no questions there.

However, without any pre-load, it seems my sag is equivalent, or a tad less, than the old stock shock (which happened to be set at max pre-load 5), but in the same ball park. I haven't measured, just seat of the pants feel...

Does anyone have an idea of how much sag this thing should have?

For those of you with Ohlins, Penske, Hagon, Wilbers...Is a lot of sag normal for this type of bike?

My other bike is a sport tourer with Ohlins on it, and it has much less sag, but it is a different more aggressive ride.

I am wondering if this is normal or if I have too soft of a spring. I have absolutely no pogo effect, the ride is extremelly controller, but so comforable that it gets me wondering if this is right.

This is a 2000 885i.
2000 Tiger 885i

haroldo_psf

sorry to reply to my own thread... I just measured 0.5" static sag, and 2.5" rider sag. I think these numbers look OK, no?
2000 Tiger 885i

ChazzyB

From memory, my Tiger's standard shock is set so it gives about 1/3rd of its total travel as rider sag. Which is the sort of setting I've read about for comfortable road use.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S