News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

06 955i oil pan

Started by cardoctor, December 18, 2011, 03:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardoctor

looking at a 955 that has a leaking oil pan gasket. only leaks when warm. what involved in replacing the gasket. labor wise..

BigDan

Replacing the oil sump gasket will be easy.

Take off filter and oil drain plug, drain all the oil... Then remove the sump (bout 12 bolts I think) then just take it off. Change the gasket, then re-fit.

But, make sure it is the gasket that is the problem before buying, make sure there are no cracks (even hairline) in the sump or bottom end of the engine.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

cardoctor

bike is on ebay. i was thinking its probaly more than a gasket . if was that easy why wouldnt  it be fixed before the selling.
thanks for the info

Yankee Dog

Quote from: "cardoctor"..........................if was that easy why wouldnt  it be fixed before the selling.
thanks for the info

some folks are just not mechanically inclined.

how bad in the leak. just seapage, or do you get drops on the ground uder the bike.

and the most important issue. what is the price. even with drops (so long as just spots) if the price is right it might not be so bad. My Ural marks its spot everywhere it goes. I just add a touch of oil every now and then and carry on.