News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Baglux

Started by Anonymous, October 31, 2010, 11:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Anyone else had the springy latch thing go missing from their baglux luggage? It's happened to me twice now and I'm thinking they're cheap crap which is spoiling an otherwise good product.
Normal latch.

Missing latch.

Strap for the Trail tankbag.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

iansoady

I agree some of the fittings are a bit Mickey Mouse - especially the daft side fixings for my Girly tank cover. ISTR someone somewhere saying that Baglux fixed some sort of problem with one of their items FOC although that may just be the product of a fevered imagination.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

When I first saw the thread,thought oh ye been there,but not with the spring clip falling apart but with the clip pulling through the plastic,I've 3 Bagster bags but never had problems like you have.

Robbie

give them a ring.
I live quite close so pop in now and again
if it is just the short strap I think you could do it by post
or if you are up to it they will post out spares
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

blacktiger

I don't have a problem with their service as they've replaced FOC.....twice now. What I wanted to gauge is how many other people have had this happen. The central, springy piece seems too small for the outer with not enough overlap to be secure.

blacktiger

Quote from: "blacktiger"What I wanted to gauge is how many other people have had this happen.
Not many then. Or..............................not many on here use their stuff.

flaco

One more here. Sorry for the late response...I'm happy with Baglux kit. Had a tankbag and cover on a Sprint ST, used it daily and on a couple of trips and had no problems. I've used the Trail harness and tankbag on the Tiger for six months, and again, no problems. Sorry you've had trouble with yours.
kernow bys vyken

chairhead

Quote from: "blacktiger"What I wanted to gauge is how many other people have had this happen.
Why :?: ,
once all the information has been collated what then will you do with it :roll: ,if the faulty item has been replaced FOC thats the end of it ....no?,or are you doing R&D for Baglux,ive used Baglux products for years and on various different bikes,never had a problem and i hope i never do,
but rest assured Blacktiger,if i do you will be the first to know about it :lol:  :wink:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

TigerTrax

Why not fix it yourself....

I did when mine went south......

that was about 7 years ago or so.....

I thought the quality was OK...

but it came with the bike and it was a few years old then.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

blacktiger

Quote from: "chairhead"
Why :?: ,
once all the information has been collated what then will you do with it :roll: ,if the faulty item has been replaced FOC thats the end of it ....no?,

If lots of people have had the clips fall apart then there's an inherent problem and, therefore, Baglux would need to redesign them.
Yes, they replaced the part but how many times and for how many years are they going to do that for?

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Why not fix it yourself....

I did when mine went south......

that was about 7 years ago or so.....

I thought the quality was OK...

but it came with the bike and it was a few years old then.

It's a bit difficult to fix it when half the bits have gone AWOL.