News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Higher wider handlebars?

Started by tazshido, December 26, 2010, 07:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

Here is my quandry, I'm a tall man 6'5" and I have long arms. I love my 06 Girley but would be much more comfortable with bars that were about 2 inches taller and 3-4 inches wider.

The stock bend on the Girleys looks like its 6" rise/6.5" pullback/31" wide/ 5.5" center. So what I'd like to find is (believe it or not) 8" rise/4 to 6.5" pullback/ 34"wide with a center that the tigger will accept.

I've looked at everything I can find on Ebay, all my local MC shops and the Flanders website. I can't really afford to have some custom bent. Any help out there?
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Timbox2

the height things easy, fit riser blocks, Ive got SW-motech's but loads of different makes available, mine are 30mm but Im sure 50's are available.

The width thing you'll struggle with off the shelf, the OE Tiger bars are pretty wide, the widest off the shelf bars Renthal make for example are 840mm ( approx 33"), but you'll then lose height as they are not as high, custom may be your only route, but dont forget you'll also need them drilled and modified to take the OE heated grips. The wide Renthal Bars for reference are 666-02, if you can find them.
2016 Tiger Sport

cosmo

Guess you haven't had your old bars off for a look-see. The ends of the factory 'bars have a welded bit to take the vibration dampers, as well as the requisite holes to locate the controls.

I might be tempted to weld an extension onto the bars, after the last bend/before the first hole to widen. That'd take using the proper tubing, as well as a slug to strengthen the whole.

Or you could transfer the bits to the new 'bar.

The Tiger 'bars are quite wide, I'd be surprised if you found any much wider.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Mustang

The Renthal Vintage /Dessert bars are going to be the closest to your wants dimension wise
they are a tad over 33 inch wide , 4 5/8ths overall height Which can be raised using rox risers
the rise is 3 5/8ths
with about 3 inch pullback or sweep

they are not going to be drilled for wires or bar ends
Renthal doesn't recommend drilling their bars either .

Custom built/bend bars are going to be your only option I.m afraid .

renthals with Rox risers are going to set you back around $175 anyways so custom bars will probably be your most feasible solution to get what you want .

JTT

I went to ProTaper XR50 bars...yes, mini bars.  They have 171mm rise and very little sweep (which I wanted, as the "tiller" stockers killed my wrists).  As the width was a little shy, not leaving enough room for controls, I had steel inserts machined and pressed in.  This gave me the little extra width I needed and also allow me to still use the stock bar end weights.  Works a treat for me, and no risers required.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C