News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fitting touratech pannier frames to 06 955i

Started by alf885, February 24, 2011, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alf885

I have a set of touratech panniers and frames that I want to fit to my 06 955. The enclosed instructions are pretty poor. My question is; has anyone any clearer instructions and/or photos of the fitting arrangements especially at the footrests and rear luggage rack? Thanks

chairhead

Quote from: "alf885"I have a set of touratech panniers and frames that I want to fit to my 06 955. The enclosed instructions are pretty poor. My question is; has anyone any clearer instructions and/or photos of the fitting arrangements especially at the footrests and rear luggage rack? Thanks

I bought a set secondhand from Flebay and had no instructions,
it took me a while but i got there,i will take some pics and post them up for you if that helps? :D
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

chairhead

Here you go,
i hope these help

footrest detail,front then rear

luggage plate detail

the way i have mounted the bar that goes underneath the luggage rack,
there are two small spacers that lift the bar,longer side to the right because of the exhaust
i dont want to teach how to suck eggs....but ,use plenty of copperslip and dont tighten anything up until all is in place,this way you should have some flexibility as you put it together,if you need any more pic give me a shout :D

TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

alf885

chairhead, they do answer my questions and illustrate perfectly. I only got one thing wrong(?) I have the arrangement of the footrests the other way round with the mounting bracket outboard of the footrest hanger. I'll swap them over. Cheers

SHROPSHIRELAD

I to have picked up a 2nd set of Touratech pannier frames and had to order a new fitting kit as this was missing and a new upper brace bar only took about a week to be sent from Germany.   Any way I have not fitted the frames yet but after reading the instructions I also thought the frames went behind the rear foot rests with the backet plate infront. Can anyone else clear this one up .... :?:

alf885

Quote from: "SHROPSHIRELAD"I to have picked up a 2nd set of Touratech pannier frames and had to order a new fitting kit as this was missing and a new upper brace bar only took about a week to be sent from Germany.   Any way I have not fitted the frames yet but after reading the instructions I also thought the frames went behind the rear foot rests with the backet plate infront. Can anyone else clear this one up .... :?:

I've left mine as I'd originally fitted them, it seems OK.

chairhead

Quote from: "SHROPSHIRELAD"I to have picked up a 2nd set of Touratech pannier frames and had to order a new fitting kit as this was missing and a new upper brace bar only took about a week to be sent from Germany.   Any way I have not fitted the frames yet but after reading the instructions I also thought the frames went behind the rear foot rests with the backet plate infront. Can anyone else clear this one up .... :?:

Seems like they fit either way,
im happy with mine and they will stay that way,need to get some stainless fasteners though and make some stainless plates,they look awfull :oops:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel