News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fittin hid kit to spotlights

Started by rybes, March 09, 2011, 09:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin all :D ive been toyin with the idea of fittin HIDs to me tiger but after some lookin about i found the beam pattern is a bit all over the place to fit in my lights. has anyone ever fitted them into projector style spot lights? ive got a pair goin spare and could fit the bulbs into them n use them as auxilary lights ? was thinkin of usin this kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-Xenon-KIT-H1- ... 3f0621424c

cheers all
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

MtheTiger

What I read everywhere is that HID farkles for bikes under € 100 always are bad Q and suck bigtime. My advice is stay away from cheap units.
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

chairhead

Quote from: "rybes"has anyone ever fitted them into projector style spot lights? ive got a pair goin spare and could fit the bulbs into them n use them as auxilary lights ? was thinkin of usin this kit

Rybes,
i think the bulbs would fit your lights,depending on where the lights are from,another bike?,the projector lights use H3's i think,but
where would you mount these auxiliary lights?,i ask as the cables to the HID set doesn't seem to be to long,and if you extend them will it not make them more susceptible to failure as i'm sure one is high voltage,also if they go tits up after you've modded them it would invalidate your warranty?,i could be wrong though,
then there's the question of where to put all of the gubbins/cables ballast boxes and such,there's not a lot of room under the headlight fairing or anywhere else for that matter,for me LED's are the way to go for aux lighting,like these
http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... d+lighting
if only they were available in the UK or something similar i would be snapping them up but shipping cost and customs tax would kill it for me,
yes the initial outlay for these HIDS is low and if they work=result :D,and as the saying goes "nothin ventured,nothin gained"
let us know how you go on
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel