News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

warped discs

Started by malc, March 09, 2011, 10:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malc

I have the lever pulsing when you get a warped disc any ideas for the best place to get a pair from or even something that will fit from a different bike any ideas???

uk
its grrreaaattttttttt

Timbox2

Quote from: "malc"I have the lever pulsing when you get a warped disc any ideas for the best place to get a pair from or even something that will fit from a different bike any ideas???

uk

Most bite the bullet and get EBC floater upgrades, around £300 a pair, still cheaper than OE and no more warp issues, but if you want cheap the guys below do a pair for £150, you pays yer money etc etc.
http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/

Just looked actually you can get a pair of floaters and pads for just shy of a carpet(£300)
2016 Tiger Sport

Loops

Hi Malc,

My original discs lasted 55+k miles.  MOT man said I should change them.

Stealth do replacement discs so I tried them but they are now warped at less that 20k miles.  But they were cheap.

My mate with an early XJ900F had same problem with Stealth discs - he tried two sets both warped quickly.

I just bought EBC non-floaters to replace the Stealth ones. Hope they are more long lived.  Not fitted them yet as I'm waiting for tyres too.

New discs will get a good try out in June with a run to Portugal and back, with luggage and pillion.

Cheers

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Loops"Hi Malc,

My original discs lasted 55+k miles.  MOT man said I should change them.

Stealth do replacement discs so I tried them but they are now warped at less that 20k miles.  But they were cheap.

My mate with an early XJ900F had same problem with Stealth discs - he tried two sets both warped quickly.

I just bought EBC non-floaters to replace the Stealth ones. Hope they are more long lived.  Not fitted them yet as I'm waiting for tyres too.

New discs will get a good try out in June with a run to Portugal and back, with luggage and pillion.

Cheers

Loops

Hope your well!!,on the way back from the Portugese GP a few years ago stayed a night in Salamanca,don't miss it's a fantastic place,although crossing the sierra's on one stop my dear wife says 'I think the shocks gone belly up' he had overheated on the roller coaster roads.

Bixxer Bob

I fitted EBC floaters to cure warping.  8k miles later and still good so can say they work.  One point, you occasionally get a little flutter from the discs floating on the bushes as you come to a halt.  It's disconcerting the first time but you soon learn to ignore it.  It feels like a slight buzz through the lever and, if it happens,  always is just as I'm coming to a halt with the pressure still on.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...