News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ALARMS ??

Started by jphish, March 24, 2011, 02:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

:?: I read where a complaint was made regarding an alarm on a 1050. The opinion was to disable the confounded thing since it was merely another pathway to trouble. So...stupid question but - do our 955 girlies have alarms ? (mine's an 06 model - if it makes any difference) If so - is conventional wisdom to perform an "alarmectomy" ASAP ?

Mustang

the alarms were an optional accessory....you would know if you had one , the damn thing would be going off all the time

jphish

Thanks Mustang - So far no 100db sounds eminating from under the seat. Perhaps tonite I'll try to steal it & see what happens.

NKL

Mines got a Datatool system 4 on it and it has been faultless, it automaticaly arms imobilizer when you switch off or you can push the button and fully arm it.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mustang"the alarms were an optional accessory....you would know if you had one , the damn thing would be going off all the time

:ImaPoser

My limited experience of them shows me that they either:

a.  Isolate your ign while doing 90mph in lane three of the M4

b.  Do random surprise toaster impersonations...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

You fogot "C" Bob,

C: Don't stop some B'stard stealing your bike!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...