News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Inspections

Started by tropicalwallah, March 23, 2011, 03:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tropicalwallah

Hi,

In Queensland a yearly inspection is not required for registration.

How are things done in the rest of the world???

These bikes are getting old. Passing a yearly test may be hard!

Emissions testing, what that? :D

Tropicalwallah

Mustang

All states here in the US have different rules and regs . Here in New Hampshire we have to have a yearly safety inspection , brakes , exhaust noise , tires , horn , and lights . No emissions as of yet .

JetdocX

No inspections here in CA.  Unbelievable, right?  However my license tabs cost $75 a year for a 13 year old bike not worth a hill of beans.... :evil:
From parts unknown.

abruzzi

Generally speaking, in the US there are safety and emissions inspections.  Safety inspections are usually state mandates--some states have them and some don't.  Emissions are federal and are based on population density.  In New Mexico the only counties that require emission are the ones around Albuquerque.

Geof

Timbox2

In the UK we have the MOT Test which all vehicles must pass every year once they have reached 3 years old. Its definately got a bit stricter over the years, but personally I wouldnt want to ride a bike that couldnt pass it as for the most part it is pretty basic safety stuff, and at the moment for motorcycles emissions dont come in to it, unless I spose it was belching smoke, but a lot is still at the testers discretion, IE my tester has never questioned me on off road pipes, some testers do.
2016 Tiger Sport

tropicalwallah

Quote from: "JetdocX"No inspections here in CA.  Unbelievable, right?  However my license tabs cost $75 a year for a 13 year old bike not worth a hill of beans.... :evil:

I always thought that CA had the strictest tests in the world
with the extra emissions gear on CA models it is pretty funny
that they don't actually ever do testing...........

Most states in Australia have yearly testing after 3 years from new.
This includes sound testing in some states.

Queensland is nicely backward, with no yearly safety inspection.
The registration costs are weird too. There is no penalty for capacity.
The criteria is one or two seats, so a two seat 125cc scooter will
pay more than a rocket3 with a solo seat fitted. (this has been done)

There is no incentive to get a small bike here, which is a shame as
i have ridden lots small bikes in India which have been heaps
of fun e.g Bajaj Pulsar etc etc

rybes

i think i got the best deal. in denmark, when you buy a bike it has to go through somw kind of mot (what it involves i dont yet know) once its passed, ya never have to have another test again until ya sell it. result or what  :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

D-Fuzz

In our jurisdiction, you have to have the chassis and engine VINs recorded, but no actually inspections are done on the bike itself.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Nick Calne

Passed the MOT just this morning. :lol:   And what a lovely day to be bunking off work and riding my bike too.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "nickcalne"Passed the MOT just this morning. :lol:   And what a lovely day to be bunking off work and riding my bike too.

Mine passed last Friday  :D  Needs new rear pads soon....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...