News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front Brake

Started by renagade, March 27, 2011, 11:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renagade

I have a 04 Girly with wire wheels and my problem is the front brakes pulsate when applied. The brake leaver is steady as a rock no pulsating but the front break feels as if it is gripping and letting go and griping. There is no run out on either disk and the front tire is equal all around. My Girly has done 20k. What do you guy's think it is????????????
There are so many roads to ride and so little time to ride them.

Mustang

warped rotors ............known problem on the Girly bikes .

New rotors are in your future...................

Spud

Or you could use it as a form of ABS  :shock:  but I would go with a warped disc and just replace them cheers Spud  :wink:

Bixxer Bob

And bite the bullet and get EBC floating discs.

Anything else is going to go the same way eventually - ask Chris!!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

TigerTrax

By the way....

'biting the bullet' means $400 .... give or take 'a quid'!

Triumph took the low road on rotors!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTrax"By the way....

ridiculous isn't it ?
I can replace all four rotors on my truck for cheaper than that , and they are a helluva lot beefier than than bike rotors .

Ahhhhhh motorsports , aint it fun ! :5moped

Timbox2

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "TigerTrax"By the way....

ridiculous isn't it ?
I can replace all four rotors on my truck for cheaper than that , and they are a helluva lot beefier than than bike rotors .

Ahhhhhh motorsports , aint it fun ! :5moped

Yep, and for the £800 Ive just spent on a rear shock, the missus could have got Bilsteins all round for her Seat. But then again I think back to 1997 when I spent £600 on front forks for my mountain bike (Rockshox SIDS)
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Always the important question with any bike,are you in it for the long haul or just passing through,if it's the former brakes and suspension are great investments.

What folk forget,I've no doubt the original prototype Tiger is tucked away in some dusty room with all the right bits on,and then the number crunchers get their hands on it and it's a different game  :(

I can't wait for Tims Wilbers to turned up,blimey he's in for a shock  :roll: ,I'll get me coat :D