News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alarming alarm....again

Started by mikeybikey57, March 27, 2011, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeybikey57

Got my beloved Tigger out for the first decent run of the year and the alarm (Datatool 3) began playing up. First it wouldn't disarm and the ignition stayed off. Then it eventually condecended to beep at me, the ignition came on with a turn of the key momentarily, before the alarm re-set itself and turned everything off. Since then, all is dead and nothing works.

This is not the first time that it's caused me problems over the years and quite frankly, i'm pissed off with the bloody thing and want it gone. I have plenty of luggage capacity and would be more than happy to carry a decent chain & lock to compensate for it's loss.

I understand that these alarms are not just unpluggable and wonder if anyone out there has had experience of taking one off their bike.
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

chairhead

Quote from: "mikeybikey57"I understand that these alarms are not just unpluggable and wonder if anyone out there has had experience of taking one off their bike.

The Triumph alarms are plug in,you just have to have the original plug that the dealer removes to plug back in,an easy fix :D
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

mikeybikey57

Ahhhh! Were all in life so simple. The bike was bought used in 2008 from a local dealer but it originated from a dealer in West Yorkshire. Therefore I don't have the original plug. Can they be ordered as a replacement part perchance or (as is more likely), do I have to buy a complete loom or something to that effect?
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

chairhead

Ive bought a secondhand loom a couple of weeks ago,
so i'll check if there is one on there.
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

chairhead

Bingo!,
got one,infact found two,if you want one pm me your address and i'll pop it in the post.....simple :D
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

mikeybikey57

Sir, you are truly a gentleman and a scholar. Came out looking for a clue and have ended up with a cure. You've made my day. Thank you. Will p.m. you in due course.

Mustang

Quote from: "mikeybikey57"Sir, you are truly a gentleman and a scholar. Came out looking for a clue and have ended up with a cure. You've made my day. Thank you. Will p.m. you in due course.
thats what we do here  :D  :D

mikeybikey57

The plug-in device arrived this afternoon. Again, many thanks to you Chairhead for your help with this problem. Will fit the little beauty over the weekend and with any luck, i'll be able to put the alarm into it's rightful place; the nearest bloody dustbin! :-)

chairhead

No problem Mike,
i have left my alarm unplugged in situ on  the bike,
this way when your insurance company ask "is there an alarm/immobiliser on the bike sir" you are not telling fibs when you reply "oh yes" :lol: .

You will find the alarm under the tail plastic which is under the luggage rack,
good luck.
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

HockleyBoy

Garage up the road from where I work are removing my Datatool today, bloody thing left me stranded yesterday when it decided to set itself and ignore all attempts to deactivate it with the bleeper.

I will not miss it!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Timbox2

Can anybody maybe post a pic of one of these plugs, Im thinking I want to disconnect mine before I get any probs and might be able to manufacture my own, cheers
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

If you look on my alarm post I said which pins need shorting.  Or you can research it yourself, only took me about half an hour..... :?

I think a genuine plug is only about a fiver (unusual for Triumph I know but...)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"If you look on my alarm post I said which pins need shorting.  Or you can research it yourself, only took me about half an hour..... :?

I think a genuine plug is only about a fiver (unusual for Triumph I know but...)

If thats the case I'll order one from Triumph cheers BB
2016 Tiger Sport

mikeybikey57

Managed to excise the dreaded alarm from the bowels of my Tigger last night. This was undertaken with much protesting from the alarm itself, as you would expect.........that is it's proper job after all.

However, in the three years i've owned my Tigger, it's caused me to be stranded with a dead bike more than six times, has immobilised the bike whilst riding twice and has caused me incalculable hassle in many other aspects too.

Glad to see the back of the bloody thing in all honesty and I'm going out to buy a big chain and lock this afternoon.

chairhead

Nice one Mike,
now you have piece of mind, safe in the knowledge that your bike cant arm itself whilst you are riding 8)
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel