News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Member From PA

Started by ScottV, April 11, 2011, 07:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottV

Hi All, Just picked up an 06 Tiger. I have been lurking on the forums for a couple of weeks trying to learn what to expect from Tiger ownership. Lot's of great info here!
 The Tiger has 14,000 miles and came with some Touratech bits, Corbin seat, Givi top box, TOR exhaust, it also came with a lowered Hagon shock and lowered center stand. I do not need these because I am 6"3". I already placed an order for a standard length Hyperpro shock form Sasquatch. I will be selling the Hagon and the center stand as soon I get the new shock.
 My previous bike was a 1999 R1100GS. I was considering buying a 05-06 1200GS to replace it but while shopping around I found that high mileage 1200GS's are selling for between $9,000-$10,000. I always liked the 955i Tigers so I starting looking for one. I found low mileage 05-06 Tigers were selling for half as much as the 1200GS's and they are very popular right now. I think everyone realizes what a great value they are, all the Tigers I found on Craig's list etc. within 500 miles were sold quickly. I finally found one locally.
 I took my first real ride yesterday. All I can say is wow! The motor is just awesome, it feels like a rocket ship compared to my old GS. Great torque, nice sound. The motor is also very forgiving if I found myself in the wrong gear. The bike handles great too it felt like a sport bike. I wish I had bought one sooner, so far I love this bike. Sorry to be so long winded, I just wanted to share.

Putts255

It's so shinny, very nice ride you got there.  Welcome and enjoy!!!
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

Putts255

Oops double post!  ???
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

aeronca

welcome a board 8)  blue is best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Yukon

Quote from: "aeronca"welcome a board 8)  blue is best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree on both counts!  It's great to have another Blue Girly in PA :lol:

Dred

I'll be up in your parts later this summer.  The wife is from Altoona and we're gonna have us a little tour come June or July.  I've never brought the bike up, and I'm look'n forward to explor'n those parts.

I'll remember to give a shout when we get the calendar fixed.

ScottV

Quote from: "Yukon"
Quote from: "aeronca"welcome a board 8)  blue is best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree on both counts!  It's great to have another Blue Girly in PA :lol:

Hi Yukon, I have seen pictures of your bike on the PA tag game on advrider. I think the blue is much nicer in person than in pictures.

Yukon

Quote from: "Dred"I'll be up in your parts later this summer.  The wife is from Altoona and we're gonna have us a little tour come June or July.  I've never brought the bike up, and I'm look'n forward to explor'n those parts.

I'll remember to give a shout when we get the calendar fixed.

Shoot me a pm when you come up this summer.  I'm located less than 50 miles from Altoona.

Quote from: "ScottV"Hi Yukon, I have seen pictures of your bike on the PA tag game on advrider. I think the blue is much nicer in person than in pictures.
Caught your recent tag on the regional forum also.  You won't be disappointed with your new ride.

Lostviking

Scott,

Maybe we should take the twins out for a ride some time.
Find A Way