News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Swing arm bearing / bush replacement

Started by bwvtom, September 27, 2010, 09:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwvtom

8) Have just done the 90,000kms service on my 2001 tiger and have discovered corroded rear swing arm bearings.  (too many creek crossings I guess).

Put it all back together as parts were a few weeks away.

Are there any issues / troubles removing and replacing said bearings?

Is there workshop manual that I can download from somewhere?

Cheers bwvtom :?:  :D
B-burl

fbarbas

I hope this is OK, seems to be a legal link. If not I apologise in advance.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25694442/Work ... 01-English
Triumph Tiger 955i 2001 8-)
Honda Shadow 750 1983 SOLD 8-(

malc

Just done my 05 the roller bearings come out easily but the needle roller is a pain there is a ledge that stops you getting behind the bearing to tap it out I had to get a friend to weld a nut inside the bearing & thrash it with a bar then it came out easily mine had done 26500 miles when I did mine
its grrreaaattttttttt

bwvtom

:D Thanks everyone for the info and feedback I have the thing in bits in the workshop, (also fitting a new Garmin Zumo 550) whilst I have the tank & panels off, (as you do).

So will tackle the swing arm as well. :shock:  :D

Then I can get out and do more of this,(see pic below).

Cheers bwvtom 8)
B-burl

xtphreak

Quote from: "malc"Just done my 05 the roller bearings come out easily but the needle roller is a pain there is a ledge that stops you getting behind the bearing to tap it out I had to get a friend to weld a nut inside the bearing & thrash it with a bar then it came out easily mine had done 26500 miles when I did mine

getting ready to face this meself tomorrow night (bearings in freezer already while I'm outta state)

I found this at the RonBuysCheepToolsPlace

http://www.harborfreight.com/blind-hole ... 95987.html

$45 USD

looks like it'll worky, the smaller of the collets anyway

I'll letcha know

PS the Bambi strike I survived (not the other one  :shock: ) took out an upper motor mount (repaired by a genuis with a TIG) and BOTH of the down tubes from the steering head to the cylinder head ... so new frame time